CBI arrests two AP govt officials for accepting bribe
New Delhi: CBI has arrested two Andhra
Pradesh government officials for allegedly demanding and
accepting bribe to favour a contractor.
The duo -- B N Singh, Director (Contract) and P Narayan
Raju, Additional Director -- working in the office of Chief
Engineer (Research and Development), Secunderabad, were
arrested for demanding a bribe of Rs 85,000 and accepting Rs
60,000 as part payment from the complainant, official sources
"It is alleged that the accused persons have demanded an
illegal remuneration from a private contractor as a reward for
clearing his bills to the tune of Rs 70 lakh and for his
upgradation as a contractor from Class `C` to Class `B`.
"The CBI laid a trap and both the accused were caught
red-handed for demanding and accepting a bribe of Rs 60,000
from the complainant," CBI spokesperson said here today.
Subsequent searches resulted in the recovery of cash Rs
96,000 from the residence and Rs 1.30 lakh from the office
cabin of the director and Rs 70,000 from the residence and Rs
62,000 from the office cabin of the additional director, he
Incriminating documents recovered during the searches are
being scrutinised for further investigation. Both the accused
were produced in the court of special Judge, Hyderabad
yesterday and remanded to two days CBI custody, the official
The two have been suspended following their arrest, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31