CBI arrests two in Jagan’s DA case
Hyderabad: Former special secretary to Andhra Pradesh government K V Bramhananda Reddy and noted industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad were arrested by the CBI today in connection with an alleged disproportionate assets case involving Kadapa MP Y S Jaganmohan Reddy.
Bramhananda Reddy, an Indian Railways Accounts Service officer, at present posted in Kolkata was called here and arrested by the CBI after intense questioning over his alleged role in helping Jagan in amassing wealth disproportionate to his known sources of his income, CBI sources said.
Nimmagadda Prasad alias Matrix Prasad was arrested after two days of intensive questioning. He is accused No. 12 in the case. He allegedly invested over Rs 500 crore in different businesses of Jagan.
He is charged with investing Rs 100 crore in Jagati Publications that publishes Sakshi Telugu daily, besides putting in another Rs 244 crore in Bharati Cements and Rs 200 crore in Carmel Asia, all floated allegedly by Jagan.
The then government headed by Jagan`s father (late) Y S Rajasekhara Reddy allegedly allotted 15,000 acres of land in Prakasam and Guntur districts to Prasad`s company for development of the Vadarevu-Nizampatnam Port and Industrial Corridor.
The CBI, in its charge sheet filed in the disproportionate assets case, alleged that Prasad invested huge money in Jagan`s business ventures as a quid pro quo for the benefits he secured from the then YSR government.
Incidentally, Prasad also has stake in Maa Television in which Congress MP Chiranjeevi, his brother-in-law Allu Aravind and Telugu actor Akkineni Nagarjuna too have stakes.
In the Jagan`s disproportionate assets case, Prasad has been charged under Sections 120 (B), 420, 409 and 477 (A) of the IPC.
The CBI alleged that Brahmananda Reddy played a key role in the Vanpic episode as the then secretary of Infrastructure and Investment Department.
The agency has already filed three charge sheets in connection with the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Religious tensions bristle in Myanmar village after mosque destroyed
- After IITs, HRD Ministry hikes fees in NITs, IISERs
- Was Test captain Virat Kohli overruled by BCCI, CAC in India coach appointment?
- Swami Prasad Maurya is a traitor: Mayawati
- Gold slips from 26-month high, down Rs 485 on fall in demand