CBI carries out searches at Deccan Chronicle offices
New Delhi: CBI on Monday carried out searches in the offices of Deccan Chronicle in Hyderabad today in connection with a complaint filed by Canara Bank for alleged default in loan payments.
CBI officials said Canara Bank had filed a complaint with the agency against Deccan Chronicle Holdings Limited alleging defaults in the repayment of loans to the tune of Rs 360-crore.
Following the complaint, CBI started its probe against the company and carried out searches at its office in Hyderabad today, officials said.
The group is engaged in printing and publishing of `Deccan Chronicle`, `Financial Chronicle`, `Andhra Bhoomi` and `Asian Age`.
E-mail sent to Deccan Chronicle seeking its reaction did not elicit any response.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog