CBI carries out searches at Deccan Chronicle offices
New Delhi: CBI on Monday carried out searches in the offices of Deccan Chronicle in Hyderabad today in connection with a complaint filed by Canara Bank for alleged default in loan payments.
CBI officials said Canara Bank had filed a complaint with the agency against Deccan Chronicle Holdings Limited alleging defaults in the repayment of loans to the tune of Rs 360-crore.
Following the complaint, CBI started its probe against the company and carried out searches at its office in Hyderabad today, officials said.
The group is engaged in printing and publishing of `Deccan Chronicle`, `Financial Chronicle`, `Andhra Bhoomi` and `Asian Age`.
E-mail sent to Deccan Chronicle seeking its reaction did not elicit any response.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued