CBI court issues another transit warrant to Jagan
Hyderabad: A CBI court on Wednesday issued another transit warrant to YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy and summoned five other accused to appear before it on June 11 after taking cognisance of the third chargesheet filed by CBI in the disproportionate assets case against him.
The Court of Principal Special Judge for CBI cases took cognisance of the chargesheet filed on May 7 against Jagan, his financial adviser V Vijay Sai Reddy, Jagati Publications, Ramky Group Chairman A Ayodhya Rami Reddy and group company Ramky Pharma City (India) Limited (RPCIL), which is implementing Pharma City in Visakhapatnam and IAS officer G Venkat Ram Reddy, a former Vice Chairman of Visakhapatnam Urban Development Authority (VUDA), while issuing the transit warrrant.
In view of Jagan being lodged in Chanchalguda prison here after his arrest on May 28, the transit Warrant was issued to enable jail authorities to produce him before the court.
The court had yesterday issued a similar warrant to Jagan after taking cognisance of the second chargesheet.
In the third chargesheet, CBI had charged Jagan with conspiring with Vijay Sai to extend benefit to RPCIL by reducing the green belt area in the Pharma City from 250 to 50 meters by prevailing upon his father and late chief minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy, to take a decision to that effect.
Venkat Ram Reddy, abusing his official position and in pursuance of the criminal conspiracy in collaboration with the then chief minister and Ayodhya Rami Reddy, dishonestly approved the layout of RPCIL in violation of rules and VUDA master plan resulting in wrongful gain of 914 acres of land to RPCIL in the Pharma City, which sold the land, dividing into plots and made Rs 133.74 crore, the CBI claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read