CBI court issues another transit warrant to Jagan
Hyderabad: A CBI court on Wednesday issued another transit warrant to YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy and summoned five other accused to appear before it on June 11 after taking cognisance of the third chargesheet filed by CBI in the disproportionate assets case against him.
The Court of Principal Special Judge for CBI cases took cognisance of the chargesheet filed on May 7 against Jagan, his financial adviser V Vijay Sai Reddy, Jagati Publications, Ramky Group Chairman A Ayodhya Rami Reddy and group company Ramky Pharma City (India) Limited (RPCIL), which is implementing Pharma City in Visakhapatnam and IAS officer G Venkat Ram Reddy, a former Vice Chairman of Visakhapatnam Urban Development Authority (VUDA), while issuing the transit warrrant.
In view of Jagan being lodged in Chanchalguda prison here after his arrest on May 28, the transit Warrant was issued to enable jail authorities to produce him before the court.
The court had yesterday issued a similar warrant to Jagan after taking cognisance of the second chargesheet.
In the third chargesheet, CBI had charged Jagan with conspiring with Vijay Sai to extend benefit to RPCIL by reducing the green belt area in the Pharma City from 250 to 50 meters by prevailing upon his father and late chief minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy, to take a decision to that effect.
Venkat Ram Reddy, abusing his official position and in pursuance of the criminal conspiracy in collaboration with the then chief minister and Ayodhya Rami Reddy, dishonestly approved the layout of RPCIL in violation of rules and VUDA master plan resulting in wrongful gain of 914 acres of land to RPCIL in the Pharma City, which sold the land, dividing into plots and made Rs 133.74 crore, the CBI claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands