CBI is vindictive towards Jagan: Jethmalani
Hyderabad: Arguments on the bail plea of YS Jagan Mohan Reddy, YSR Congress chief, began on Wednesday in the Andhra Pradesh High Court, with his lawyer arguing that CBI was harassing him at the behest of its political masters.
While eminent defence lawyer Ram Jethmalani is arguing for Jagan, senior counsel Ashok Bhan is representing the CBI.
Jethmalani argued that CBI had adopted a partisan and vindictive approach towards Jagan, and there was nothing to suggest that he had been non-cooperative with CBI, or he was tampering with the evidence.
Jagan was being harassed by the CBI at the behest of its political bosses, Jethmalani alleged.
Earlier, advocate Bhan argued that the case of disproportionate assets against Jagan involved financial irregularities to the tune of Rs 43,000 crore, and CBI was investigating the fund flow to Jagan`s companies.
Letter Rogatory had been sent to some countries (to get information from official agencies there) and replies were awaited, he said, adding that grant of bail at this point would hamper the investigation as CBI wanted file some more charge-sheets in the
The central agency has so far filed three charges-sheets in the case. Jagan was arrested on May 27.
The arguments would continue tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India