CBI is vindictive towards Jagan: Jethmalani
Hyderabad: Arguments on the bail plea of YS Jagan Mohan Reddy, YSR Congress chief, began on Wednesday in the Andhra Pradesh High Court, with his lawyer arguing that CBI was harassing him at the behest of its political masters.
While eminent defence lawyer Ram Jethmalani is arguing for Jagan, senior counsel Ashok Bhan is representing the CBI.
Jethmalani argued that CBI had adopted a partisan and vindictive approach towards Jagan, and there was nothing to suggest that he had been non-cooperative with CBI, or he was tampering with the evidence.
Jagan was being harassed by the CBI at the behest of its political bosses, Jethmalani alleged.
Earlier, advocate Bhan argued that the case of disproportionate assets against Jagan involved financial irregularities to the tune of Rs 43,000 crore, and CBI was investigating the fund flow to Jagan`s companies.
Letter Rogatory had been sent to some countries (to get information from official agencies there) and replies were awaited, he said, adding that grant of bail at this point would hamper the investigation as CBI wanted file some more charge-sheets in the
The central agency has so far filed three charges-sheets in the case. Jagan was arrested on May 27.
The arguments would continue tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof