CBI probing fund transfer charges against Jagan
New Delhi/Hyderabad: After filing a charge
sheet against YS Jagan Mohan Reddy for alleged abuse of his
official position, the CBI has sent a request to various
countries seeking their assistance in probing alleged transfer
of funds by the son of former Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister, a
charge denied by him.
The letter of request, sent through diplomatic channel,
alleged that between 2004 and 2009 when YS Rajashekar Reddy
was the Chief Minister, his son Jagan and his family allegedly
defrauded the public exchequer by way of obtaining several
favours from the state government in matters related to
issuance of licences and permissions.
Jagan and his family have also been charged in the letter
with obtaining favours in matters related to allotment of
lands for special economic zones and mining leases to
companies which made huge investments in companies floated by
younger Reddy at abnormally high rates of premium.
Denying all the charges, Reddy in a statement to PTI
said, "All the investments into my companies have been of
sound commerce and have always been complying with the law of
the land. The companies, which invested into my companies,
have also invested into other blue chip companies in the
"There has been no wrongdoing by Jagan Mohan Reddy. So
there`s nothing to be concerned about. We are sure he is going
to come out clean in the end," a statement from the party said
and accused the CBI of working overtime with a single-minded
agenda to implicate the Kadapa MP in some case or the other.
The Letters Rogatory sent under the signatures of the
Special Judge of CBI in Hyderabad has requested the British
Virgin Island to ascertain the details of the owners and
authorised signatories of and bank account details of a firm
incorporated in that country besides ascertaining whether
funds from companies based in Mauritius had been routed to
India through there.
It also requests for ascertaining the genuineness of the
shareholders of the firm and their relationship if any with YS Rajshekar Reddy or YS Jagan Mohan Reddy, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Twist in BMC poll results as BJP emerges as `largest party`
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway