CBI seeks 10 more days custody of Swami Asimanand
Hyderabad: CBI on Saturday moved a local court
seeking ten more days` custody for Swami Asimanand arrested in
connection with the 2007 blast in Mecca Masjid here.
The Swami was produced before the court on completion
of his seven-day police custody period.
The XIV Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate
(ACMM) Court sent the Swami to judicial remand till December
14 and posted the CBI plea to December 6 for further hearing.
CBI, in an application to the court seeking further
custody of the Swami, said his further interrogation would
help in eliciting details on whereabouts of two absconding
prime accused in the case--Sandip Dange and Ramchandra
59-year-old Swami Asimanand, was later taken to
Chenchalguda Central Prison where he will be lodged in a
special cell for security reasons.
Swami Asimanand alias Naba Kumar Sarkar was arrested
by CBI on November 19 from Haridwar in connection with blast
at Mecca Masjid here on May 18, 2007, which left nine persons
The ACMM court had earlier granted CBI permission to
interrogate the Swami for 7 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi