CBI seeks Gupta`s custody in Mecca masjid blast case
Hyderabad: After getting custody of Devender
Gupta, an accused in the 2007 Mecca Masjid blast case, CBI
today filed a petition before a local court seeking custodial
interrogation of another accused Lokesh Sharma.
Gupta and Sharma were brought to Hyderabad by CBI from
Ajmer on June 17, as part of further investigation into the
Mecca Masjid blast that had left nine persons dead on May 18,
The premier investigating agency, which is probing the
Mecca Masjid blast, had registered a case on June 9, 2007
under various sections of IPC and Unlawful Activities
Prevention Act and has so far named five persons (all having
links with RSS) including Gupta and Sharma as accused in the
Gupta is presently under custody of CBI till June 30
while the Test Identification Parade (TIP) of Sharma was
conducted on June 26 at the Chanchalguda jail here, wherein
two witnesses identified him.
After completion of TIP, the CBI now prayed the XIV ACMM
court to remand Sharma to custody with CBI for a period of
15-days, saying questioning of Sharma can throw more light
and help in investigations to arrive at the truth in the case.
The court has posted the matter for tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police