CBI summons BCCI chief in Jagan assets case
Hyderabad: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has summoned Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) chief N Srinivasan for questioning in connection with YSR Congress chief Jaganmohan Reddy`s disproportionate assets case.
Reports claimed on Friday that Srinivasan has been summoned in his capacity as the Managing Director of India Cements Ltd- a company that invested in Jagan-promoted companies and allegedly received huge water allocations during the YSR regime.
The development comes a day after a special CBI court granted the Enforcement Directorate (ED) access to certified copies of second and third chargesheets filed by the central agency in connection with the disproportionate assets case involving YSR Congress chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy.
The ED, which has registered separate cases under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) and Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA) against the Kadapa MP, is also probing alleged contravention of foreign exchange rules in his financial transactions and investments.
The court had last month allowed the ED`s petition seeking copies of the charge sheet and related documents (pertaining to the DA case) after it had taken cognisance of the first charge sheet.
Investigating the alleged disproportionate assets of Jagan, the CBI has so far filed three charge sheets (on March 31, April 23 and May 7) against Jagan and others for allegedly getting investments worth several crores from various business firms into his businesses as part of quid-pro-quo when his father (late Y S Rajasekhara Reddy) was the chief minister of Andhra Pradesh.
Now after having access to the charge sheets, the ED is likely to file an application in the court here to question the 39-year-old MP, with regard to financial dealings in various firms run by him and other investments he and his companies allegedly made overseas.
The Directorate wants to record his statement under PMLA and also confront him with documents gathered by the agency during its probe till now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections