CBI summons BCCI chief in Jagan assets case
Hyderabad: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has summoned Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) chief N Srinivasan for questioning in connection with YSR Congress chief Jaganmohan Reddy`s disproportionate assets case.
Reports claimed on Friday that Srinivasan has been summoned in his capacity as the Managing Director of India Cements Ltd- a company that invested in Jagan-promoted companies and allegedly received huge water allocations during the YSR regime.
The development comes a day after a special CBI court granted the Enforcement Directorate (ED) access to certified copies of second and third chargesheets filed by the central agency in connection with the disproportionate assets case involving YSR Congress chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy.
The ED, which has registered separate cases under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) and Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA) against the Kadapa MP, is also probing alleged contravention of foreign exchange rules in his financial transactions and investments.
The court had last month allowed the ED`s petition seeking copies of the charge sheet and related documents (pertaining to the DA case) after it had taken cognisance of the first charge sheet.
Investigating the alleged disproportionate assets of Jagan, the CBI has so far filed three charge sheets (on March 31, April 23 and May 7) against Jagan and others for allegedly getting investments worth several crores from various business firms into his businesses as part of quid-pro-quo when his father (late Y S Rajasekhara Reddy) was the chief minister of Andhra Pradesh.
Now after having access to the charge sheets, the ED is likely to file an application in the court here to question the 39-year-old MP, with regard to financial dealings in various firms run by him and other investments he and his companies allegedly made overseas.
The Directorate wants to record his statement under PMLA and also confront him with documents gathered by the agency during its probe till now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in