CBI summons Jaganmohan Reddy to appear in court
Hyderabad: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Monday served summons on Kadapa MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy which were issued by a court last week seeking his appearance in an alleged illegal assets case.
A team of CBI officials personally served summons to YSR Congress leader Jagan in Yemmiganur town of Kurnool district, where he was campaigning for the next month`s by-elections for his party candidate.
Jagan, the son of late chief minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy, has been directed to appear in person or through his lawyer before the principal special judge for CBI cases in Hyderabad on May 28.
Summons were also issued to 12 others who are facing charges in the case, including managing directors - Srinivasa Reddy (Hetero Drugs), Nityananda Reddy (Aurobindo Pharma), Sarat Chandra Reddy (Trident life Sciences), senior IAS officer BP Acharya, AP Industrial Infrastructure Corporation`s former officer Y Vijayalakshmi and former company secretary of Aurobindo Pharma, Chandramouli.
Acharya is already in judicial custody in Emaar-APIIC township case while Jagan`s auditor Vijayasai Reddy, who was released on bail on April 30, was not issued summon as he has been attending the court proceedings regularly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says