CBI to probe Naidu`s ‘disproportionate assets’
Hyderabad: The CBI on Saturday registered a
Preliminary Enquiry (PE) to probe alleged disproportionate
assets amassed by former Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister and TDP
chief N Chandrababu Naidu and 12 others.
This follows a directive of the Andhra Pradesh High
Court on November 14.
The HC order had come on a petition of Y S Vijayamma,
widow of Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y S Rajashekar Reddy.
The Supreme Court had on November 23 refused to stay the
CBI probe into alleged disproportionate assets of Naidu but
granted him liberty to approach the state High Court for
modification or vacation of its interim order.
A three-judge bench of justices Dalveer Bhandari, T S
Thakur and Dipak Mishra, while declining to stay or grant
status quo, requested the High Court to dispose off within 15
days the application, if any, moved by Naidu and others for
modification/vacating the November 14 interim order of the
"We are not inclined to interfere with the High Court
order. The petitioners are granted liberty to move the High
Court for modification or vacating the interim order", the
apex court had said.
The counsel for Naidu had submitted to the apex court
that the direction by the High Court was in "violation" of the
apex court`s earlier rulings that no such order can be passed
without giving an opportunity to the other side.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah