CBI to probe Naidu`s ‘disproportionate assets’
Hyderabad: The CBI on Saturday registered a
Preliminary Enquiry (PE) to probe alleged disproportionate
assets amassed by former Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister and TDP
chief N Chandrababu Naidu and 12 others.
This follows a directive of the Andhra Pradesh High
Court on November 14.
The HC order had come on a petition of Y S Vijayamma,
widow of Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y S Rajashekar Reddy.
The Supreme Court had on November 23 refused to stay the
CBI probe into alleged disproportionate assets of Naidu but
granted him liberty to approach the state High Court for
modification or vacation of its interim order.
A three-judge bench of justices Dalveer Bhandari, T S
Thakur and Dipak Mishra, while declining to stay or grant
status quo, requested the High Court to dispose off within 15
days the application, if any, moved by Naidu and others for
modification/vacating the November 14 interim order of the
"We are not inclined to interfere with the High Court
order. The petitioners are granted liberty to move the High
Court for modification or vacating the interim order", the
apex court had said.
The counsel for Naidu had submitted to the apex court
that the direction by the High Court was in "violation" of the
apex court`s earlier rulings that no such order can be passed
without giving an opportunity to the other side.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?