CBI wants to conduct narco tests on Vijay S Reddy
Hyderabad: CBI on Wednesday filed an application in
a local court seeking permission to conduct narco-analysis
tests on Vijay Sai Reddy, arrested in connection with the
disproportionate assets case against Kadapa MP, Y S Jaganmohan
Ravindhra Nath, CBI Deputy Legal Adviser, said the
application would come up for hearing on January 30.
Vijay Sai Reddy, arrested on January 2, had exclusive
knowledge of many issues, and was not cooperating with
interrogators, making the investigation difficult, the CBI
The Supreme Court, in a ruling in another case on May 5,
2010, had termed narco-analysis and polygraph tests as illegal
and violative of fundamental rights, if carried out against
the person`s wishes.
Ravindra Nath said that the court may issue notice to
Vijay Sai Reddy, seeking his stand.
Reddy is Vice-Chairman of Jagati Publications, owned by
In another development, CBI, which arrested Suneel Reddy
in Emaar-APIIC case last evening, filed a remand application
before the special CBI court, seeking 15-day custody. It will
be heard on January 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday