Central education institutions to be set up in AP: Minister
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government has begun preparations for setting up various Central educational institutions like IIT in the state as proposed in the AP Reorganisation Act, 2014, State Human Resource Development Minister Ganta Srinivasa Rao said here Wednesday.
Rao, who assumed charge at the AP Secretariat, said the government is contemplating dividing the state into three circuits -- Visakhapatnam, Krishna and Guntur districts and Tirupati -- for establishing the prestigious institutions.
The location of the institutions would be decided on the basis of factors like connectivity, availability of faculty and infrastructure, he said.
A tribal university is likely to be set up in Visakhapatnam as the region is inhabited by large number of tribals.
The Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act proposes to set up different prestigious educational institutions in (new) Andhra Pradesh.
Meanwhile, P Narayana has assumed charge as the minister for Municipal Administration and Urban Development today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister