Central education institutions to be set up in AP: Minister
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government has begun preparations for setting up various Central educational institutions like IIT in the state as proposed in the AP Reorganisation Act, 2014, State Human Resource Development Minister Ganta Srinivasa Rao said here Wednesday.
Rao, who assumed charge at the AP Secretariat, said the government is contemplating dividing the state into three circuits -- Visakhapatnam, Krishna and Guntur districts and Tirupati -- for establishing the prestigious institutions.
The location of the institutions would be decided on the basis of factors like connectivity, availability of faculty and infrastructure, he said.
A tribal university is likely to be set up in Visakhapatnam as the region is inhabited by large number of tribals.
The Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act proposes to set up different prestigious educational institutions in (new) Andhra Pradesh.
Meanwhile, P Narayana has assumed charge as the minister for Municipal Administration and Urban Development today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok