Central education institutions to be set up in AP: Minister
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government has begun preparations for setting up various Central educational institutions like IIT in the state as proposed in the AP Reorganisation Act, 2014, State Human Resource Development Minister Ganta Srinivasa Rao said here Wednesday.
Rao, who assumed charge at the AP Secretariat, said the government is contemplating dividing the state into three circuits -- Visakhapatnam, Krishna and Guntur districts and Tirupati -- for establishing the prestigious institutions.
The location of the institutions would be decided on the basis of factors like connectivity, availability of faculty and infrastructure, he said.
A tribal university is likely to be set up in Visakhapatnam as the region is inhabited by large number of tribals.
The Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act proposes to set up different prestigious educational institutions in (new) Andhra Pradesh.
Meanwhile, P Narayana has assumed charge as the minister for Municipal Administration and Urban Development today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30