Centre allocates IAS, IPS and IFoS officers to Telangana, AP
New Delhi: The Centre has finalised draft allocation of IAS, IPS and IFoS officers between the newly formed Telangana state and residuary Andhra Pradesh.
About 163 posts of Indian Administrative Service (IAS), 112 of Indian Police Service (IPS) and 65 Indian Forest Service (IFoS) officers (including promotees) have been provisionally allocated to Telangana, according to a Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) order.
With this order, Andhra Pradesh will have 211 posts of IAS, 144 of IPS and 82 of IFoS officers, it said. The DoPT has issued officer-wise list for IAS, IPS and IFoS and put it in public domain.
The composition of the three all-India services is based on a recommendation by a six-member committee headed by former Central Vigilance Commissioner (CVC) Pratyush Sinha.
Earlier, Andhra Pradesh had a total authorised strength of 376 IAS, 258 IPS and 149 IFoS officers.
The DoPT has also issued a notification defining cadre strength for IAS, IPS and IFoS.
Of the total of 163 IAS officers posts for Telangana, one each is for Chief Secretary and Additional Chief Secretary, 10 are for Principal Secretaries and 27 for Secretaries among others, the notification said.
Among the 112 IPS posts, one is for Director General of Police (DGP), five are for Additional Directors General (ADGs), 13 Inspectors General (IGs), 11 Deputy Inspectors General (DIGs) and 31 Superintendents of Police (SPs).
Of 65 IFoS posts, two are for Principal Chief Conservator of Forests (PCCF), three for Additional Principal Chief Conservator of Forests, five for Chief Conservator of Forests (CCF) and 10 for conservator of Forests among others, it said.
Aggrieved officers can send their representation, if any, to their respective cadre controlling authorities -- DoPT for IAS officers, Ministry of Home Affairs for IPS and Ministry of Environment and Forests for IFoS -- by August 29.
Telangana, the country`s 29th state, was born on June 2 and has started functioning from that day. Parliament had given its approval on February 20 for the creation of Telangana by bifurcating Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says