Centre committed to AIIMS-like institute in new Andhra Pradesh: Vardhan
Vijayawada: The Centre is committed to set up an AIIMS-like institution in new Andhra Pradesh according to the assurances made in the state`s reorganisation act, Union Health Minister and Family Welfare Harsh Vardhan said.
Land measuring about 200 acres would be required from the state government for building the premier institute in the southern state, he said.
"As per our central government`s initiative, we would like the state government to provide us 200 acres of land, water and electricity... We are committed to establishing an AIIMS- like institution in this state also," Vardhan told after the swearing-in ceremony of TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu as the first chief minister of Andhra Pradesh post-bifurcation yesterday.
Asked about the location of the institution, he stressed that several factors should be analysed before coming to a conclusion.
"This is something, which will be discussed, deliberated and assessed on the basis of the available health facilities... It will be the result of the analysis of multiple factors. I cannot say that it is going to be at a particular place because it depends on many other things," he added.
Vardhan also stated that his cabinet colleague Venkaiah Naidu has written to him in this regard.
"For this, there is a request that came from Venkaiah Naidu. He talked to me personally, he wrote to me. And when I asked him he said they would like to have it somewhere between Guntur and Vijayawada," he said.
According to the AP Reorganisation Act, the Centre shall establish one AIIMS-type Super-Specialty Hospital cum-Teaching Institution in the successor state of Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video