Centre committed to AP, Telangana growth: Commerce Minister
Hyderabad: Stating that the Centre was committed to the development of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, Union Commerce Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Saturday said thrust would be on industrial development in the two states.
"With the formation of Telangana state, scope for creating employment opportunities for the local youth has increased. We need to provide necessary training for skill development," she said.
Sitharaman was accorded a warm reception and felicitated by BJP cadres on her maiden visit to the city after taking charge as Union Minister last month.
Talking to reporters at the party office later, she said emphasis would be on promoting food processing industries in the new State, which came into existence on June 2.
"Our policies will be guided by our election manifesto," she said adding, the Centre would take steps to bring back black money stashed in foreign countries.
Expressing concern over the growing atrocities on women, Sitharaman said the Government would take effective steps to curb them.
BJP MP Bandaru Dattatreya, MLAs and other party leaders were present at the felicitation function.
Sitharaman will attend the swearing-in ceremony of N Chandrababu Naidu as Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister at Nagarjuna Nagar, Guntur district, tomorrow.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview