Centre committed to AP, Telangana growth: Commerce Minister
Hyderabad: Stating that the Centre was committed to the development of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, Union Commerce Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Saturday said thrust would be on industrial development in the two states.
"With the formation of Telangana state, scope for creating employment opportunities for the local youth has increased. We need to provide necessary training for skill development," she said.
Sitharaman was accorded a warm reception and felicitated by BJP cadres on her maiden visit to the city after taking charge as Union Minister last month.
Talking to reporters at the party office later, she said emphasis would be on promoting food processing industries in the new State, which came into existence on June 2.
"Our policies will be guided by our election manifesto," she said adding, the Centre would take steps to bring back black money stashed in foreign countries.
Expressing concern over the growing atrocities on women, Sitharaman said the Government would take effective steps to curb them.
BJP MP Bandaru Dattatreya, MLAs and other party leaders were present at the felicitation function.
Sitharaman will attend the swearing-in ceremony of N Chandrababu Naidu as Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister at Nagarjuna Nagar, Guntur district, tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price