Centre has to take decision on Telangana issue: AP CM
Karimnagar: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Sunday said the Union government has to take a decision on the Telangana issue as the state had no power to resolve the matter.
He was speaking at Mulkanoor village under Bhimdeverpalli mandal limits.
"We will abide by the Centre`s decision on Telangana issue. Union government`s decision would be final," he said in response to Karimnagar MP Ponnam Prabhakar`s demand that the "long-pending" statehood issue should be resolved without any further delay.
In January, Andhra Pradesh became the first state in the country to give statutory status to the SC, ST sub-plans, he said, adding it was introduced at the instructions of UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
Reddy launched `Amma Hastam` welfare scheme for the poor, under which nine essential commodities would be provided to them at a subsidised rate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir