Centre has to take decision on Telangana issue: AP CM
Karimnagar: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Sunday said the Union government has to take a decision on the Telangana issue as the state had no power to resolve the matter.
He was speaking at Mulkanoor village under Bhimdeverpalli mandal limits.
"We will abide by the Centre`s decision on Telangana issue. Union government`s decision would be final," he said in response to Karimnagar MP Ponnam Prabhakar`s demand that the "long-pending" statehood issue should be resolved without any further delay.
In January, Andhra Pradesh became the first state in the country to give statutory status to the SC, ST sub-plans, he said, adding it was introduced at the instructions of UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
Reddy launched `Amma Hastam` welfare scheme for the poor, under which nine essential commodities would be provided to them at a subsidised rate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- OP Jaisha marathon row: Vijay Goyal passes the buck to IOA, assures probe
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years