Centre has to take decision on Telangana issue: AP CM
Karimnagar: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Sunday said the Union government has to take a decision on the Telangana issue as the state had no power to resolve the matter.
He was speaking at Mulkanoor village under Bhimdeverpalli mandal limits.
"We will abide by the Centre`s decision on Telangana issue. Union government`s decision would be final," he said in response to Karimnagar MP Ponnam Prabhakar`s demand that the "long-pending" statehood issue should be resolved without any further delay.
In January, Andhra Pradesh became the first state in the country to give statutory status to the SC, ST sub-plans, he said, adding it was introduced at the instructions of UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
Reddy launched `Amma Hastam` welfare scheme for the poor, under which nine essential commodities would be provided to them at a subsidised rate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?