Centre has to take decision on Telangana issue: AP CM
Karimnagar: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Sunday said the Union government has to take a decision on the Telangana issue as the state had no power to resolve the matter.
He was speaking at Mulkanoor village under Bhimdeverpalli mandal limits.
"We will abide by the Centre`s decision on Telangana issue. Union government`s decision would be final," he said in response to Karimnagar MP Ponnam Prabhakar`s demand that the "long-pending" statehood issue should be resolved without any further delay.
In January, Andhra Pradesh became the first state in the country to give statutory status to the SC, ST sub-plans, he said, adding it was introduced at the instructions of UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
Reddy launched `Amma Hastam` welfare scheme for the poor, under which nine essential commodities would be provided to them at a subsidised rate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees