Centre has to take decision on Telangana issue: AP CM
Karimnagar: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Sunday said the Union government has to take a decision on the Telangana issue as the state had no power to resolve the matter.
He was speaking at Mulkanoor village under Bhimdeverpalli mandal limits.
"We will abide by the Centre`s decision on Telangana issue. Union government`s decision would be final," he said in response to Karimnagar MP Ponnam Prabhakar`s demand that the "long-pending" statehood issue should be resolved without any further delay.
In January, Andhra Pradesh became the first state in the country to give statutory status to the SC, ST sub-plans, he said, adding it was introduced at the instructions of UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
Reddy launched `Amma Hastam` welfare scheme for the poor, under which nine essential commodities would be provided to them at a subsidised rate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman