‘Centre must intervene before violence erupts’
Hyderabad: Shortly before being detained by police in Hyderabad during a protest, Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) leader KT Rama Rao warned the central and state governments that the situation could go out of hand.
The son of TRS chief K. Chandrasekhara Rao, K.T. Rama Rao demanded that the centre intervene before it is too late.
"The central government should intervene, make a statement, pacify the anger or else when things get out of hand, you will be responsible. Before violence erupts in Telangana, please respond," he said shortly before being detained.
"The Reddy government is trying to suppress mass sentiment. If the situation gets out of hand tomorrow no one will be able to stop it. You may have hundreds of police, we have people in crores," he warned, referring to the Congress government of N Kiran Kumar Reddy in Andhra Pradesh.
Several TRS and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) workers were detained Wednesday when they were protesting demanding a separate state of Telangana in Hyderabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!