‘Centre must intervene before violence erupts’
Hyderabad: Shortly before being detained by police in Hyderabad during a protest, Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) leader KT Rama Rao warned the central and state governments that the situation could go out of hand.
The son of TRS chief K. Chandrasekhara Rao, K.T. Rama Rao demanded that the centre intervene before it is too late.
"The central government should intervene, make a statement, pacify the anger or else when things get out of hand, you will be responsible. Before violence erupts in Telangana, please respond," he said shortly before being detained.
"The Reddy government is trying to suppress mass sentiment. If the situation gets out of hand tomorrow no one will be able to stop it. You may have hundreds of police, we have people in crores," he warned, referring to the Congress government of N Kiran Kumar Reddy in Andhra Pradesh.
Several TRS and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) workers were detained Wednesday when they were protesting demanding a separate state of Telangana in Hyderabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP