Centre seized of situation in Andhra Pradesh: Chidambaram
New Delhi: Government on Saturday asked agitating members from Andhra Pradesh to be patient as it was seized of the situation in the state in the wake of the 24-hour bandh called by pro-statehood groups.
Members from Andhra Pradesh raised the issue of deteriorating law and order in the state in view of the bandh that began at midnight and ever since the announcement of formation of Telangana state and sought to know as to what action was being taken by the Centre to control the situation.
Some members from the ruling Congress also wanted to speak, but were not allowed to do so by Deputy Chairman P J Kurien.
Senior Congress members also requested their colleagues from Andhra Pradesh not to press for raising the issue.
Making a brief statement on Andhra Pradesh, Finance Minister P Chidamabaram said, "I can understand the concern of members from the state on the situation in Andhra Pradesh especially with regard to the bandh."
"Government has listened carefully to the members from the state of Andhra Pradesh. They have expressed concern over the situation in Hyderabad. We have taken note of it. We are in touch with government of Andhra Pradesh. We will take all steps possible to maintain law and order, especially in Hyderabad. Be patient," he said.
Earlier, TDP members said there is no government in Andhra Pradesh and sought to know what steps the Centre was taking to control law and order there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31