Centre should take a call on Telangana: Naidu
Hyderabad: With both he and his party coming
under fire on the Telangana issue, TDP president N Chandrababu Naidu on Friday demanded that the Centre immediately decide on the
contentious demand, now that all political parties and other
stakeholders have clearly spelt out their views.
"Government of India is unable to take a decision on the
Telangana issue. Congress should take responsibility for this
because it has pushed Andhra Pradesh into state of instability
through its indecisiveness," Chandrababu lashed out in his
inaugural address at TDP`s annual conclave `Mahanadu` here.
He alleged the Congress was politicising the Telangana
issue now after making several claims in the past.
"The Congress can`t change history. It was the one which
came out with a statement on Telangana on December 9, 2009 and
later went back and kept its decision in abeyance since there
is division in political parties. Now, all the parties have
expressed their views to the Srikrishna Committee and it is
for the Centre to take a decision on Telangana," Chandrababu
Trying to ward off criticism against him on the statehood
issue, Chandrababu observed: "As party president, it is my
responsibility to protect TDP in both the regions of the
state. I can`t speak in favour of any particular region."
Coming down heavily on the TRS, the TDP chief said the
separatist party`s merger with the Congress was imminent.
"Why is the TRS not questioning Sonia Gandhi on the
statehood issue? Instead of taking on the Congress for
remaining indifferent, the TRS is trying to target the TDP,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!