"Centre to find permanent solution to Telangana issue"
Visakhapatnam: The Congress-led UPA government at the centre would soon find a permanent solution to the Telangana issue after taking into confidence people of all the regions in the state, Andhra Pradesh Congress Committee president B Satyanarayana said on Saturday.
Addressing a press conference here, the PCC president said that the UPA government was actively involved in the matter and trying to build a consensus by holding consultations with political parties in all the regions.
He also alleged that the main opposition Telugu Desam Party was taking different stands on the Telangana issue and creating confusion among the people.
Meanwhile, he denied the charge that the state government gave permission for Sunday`s Telanagana march due to pressure mounted by the Telangana Ministers and stated that the government gave its nod after consulting the party high command.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!