"Centre to find permanent solution to Telangana issue"
Visakhapatnam: The Congress-led UPA government at the centre would soon find a permanent solution to the Telangana issue after taking into confidence people of all the regions in the state, Andhra Pradesh Congress Committee president B Satyanarayana said on Saturday.
Addressing a press conference here, the PCC president said that the UPA government was actively involved in the matter and trying to build a consensus by holding consultations with political parties in all the regions.
He also alleged that the main opposition Telugu Desam Party was taking different stands on the Telangana issue and creating confusion among the people.
Meanwhile, he denied the charge that the state government gave permission for Sunday`s Telanagana march due to pressure mounted by the Telangana Ministers and stated that the government gave its nod after consulting the party high command.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'