Centre urged to extend date of LPG cylinder disbursement
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government urged the Centre on Friday to extend the date of February 15, from when the Aadhar Card-linked disbursement of subsidised liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) cylinders was scheduled to begin.
In a letter to Union Petroleum Minister Veerappa Moily, Andhra Pradesh Civil Supplies Minister D Sridhar Babu said that it may not possible to implement the decision from February 15, as Aadhar Card enrolment is not yet complete.
Highlighting that LPG consumers are worried over the matter, the minister asked Moily to start implementing the decision only after Aadhar Card enrolment is completed in both the districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender