Centre urged to extend date of LPG cylinder disbursement
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government urged the Centre on Friday to extend the date of February 15, from when the Aadhar Card-linked disbursement of subsidised liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) cylinders was scheduled to begin.
In a letter to Union Petroleum Minister Veerappa Moily, Andhra Pradesh Civil Supplies Minister D Sridhar Babu said that it may not possible to implement the decision from February 15, as Aadhar Card enrolment is not yet complete.
Highlighting that LPG consumers are worried over the matter, the minister asked Moily to start implementing the decision only after Aadhar Card enrolment is completed in both the districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB