Centre urged to extend date of LPG cylinder disbursement
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government urged the Centre on Friday to extend the date of February 15, from when the Aadhar Card-linked disbursement of subsidised liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) cylinders was scheduled to begin.
In a letter to Union Petroleum Minister Veerappa Moily, Andhra Pradesh Civil Supplies Minister D Sridhar Babu said that it may not possible to implement the decision from February 15, as Aadhar Card enrolment is not yet complete.
Highlighting that LPG consumers are worried over the matter, the minister asked Moily to start implementing the decision only after Aadhar Card enrolment is completed in both the districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NASA inflates spare room in space
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, BSEB 10th Result 2016: Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016 (biharboard.bih.nic.in) to be declared today on May 29
- Kiran Bedi to assume charge as Lt Governor of Puducherry today
- Trials of Talgo train to commence today: Know more about it
- Cristiano Ronaldo strikes shoot-out winner as Real Madrid crowned kings of Europe