Centre urged to extend date of LPG cylinder disbursement
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government urged the Centre on Friday to extend the date of February 15, from when the Aadhar Card-linked disbursement of subsidised liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) cylinders was scheduled to begin.
In a letter to Union Petroleum Minister Veerappa Moily, Andhra Pradesh Civil Supplies Minister D Sridhar Babu said that it may not possible to implement the decision from February 15, as Aadhar Card enrolment is not yet complete.
Highlighting that LPG consumers are worried over the matter, the minister asked Moily to start implementing the decision only after Aadhar Card enrolment is completed in both the districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’