Centre`s help sought for Telugu couple`s release from Norway
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, Thursday, urged the Central government to take necessary steps for the release of Telugu couple sentenced to jail in a child abuse case in Norway.
In separate letters to Union External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid and Overseas Indians Affairs Minister Vayalar Ravi, the Chief Minister said that parents of Vallabhaneni Chandrasekhar and Anupama requested him to seek pardon for them.
"Chandrasekhar has aged parents and two children to take care of. The children are currently in a situation where they are forced to stay back in Andhra Pradesh, away from their parents," the Chief Minister pointed out.
The Government of India should explain to the authorities in Norway the family culture and traditions in India and seek release of the convicted couple, Reddy requested the Union Ministers.
Chandrasekhar Vallabhaneni and his wife Anupama from Andhra Pradesh were recently convicted by a court in Norway where they were staying for repeated maltreatment of their children by threats and violence and sentenced to jail terms for 18 months and 15 months respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi