Chandrababu Naidu appointed as first CM of new Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Governor ESL Narasimhan Thursday night appointed Telugu Desam Party president N Chandrababu Naidu as the first Chief Minister of the new state of Andhra Pradesh and invited him to form the government.
A delegation of TDP legislators met the Governor at Raj Bhavan here this afternoon and handed over a letter informing about the election of Naidu as the leader of Telugu Desam Legislature Party.
The legislators requested Narasimhan`s to formally invite their leader to form the government.
On his suggestion, the TDP subsequently communicated in writing details of the swearing-in ceremony to be held at 7.27 pm on June 8 at Nagarjuna Nagar, located between Vijayawada and Guntur.
Based on this, the Governor issued a warrant appointing Naidu as the Chief Minister and inviting him to form the government.
The TDLP met in the temple-town of Tirupati late last night and unanimously elected Naidu as its leader.
Senior legislators Yanamala Ramakrishnudu, K E Krishna Murthy, Mandali Buddha Prasad, Dhulipalla Narendra and P Sujatha met Narasimhan this afternoon and informed him about the unanimous election.
"We requested the Governor to invite Chandrababu Naidu to form the government of (new) Andhra Pradesh," Yanamala later told reporters.
Elaborate arrangements are being made for the swearing-in ceremony as over five lakh people are expected to attend.
Union ministers and chief ministers of various states are expected to attend the ceremony. Naidu has sent personal invitation letters to them, and spoken to some of them over phone, TDP sources said.
Though he has personally invited the Prime Minister Narendra Modi too, there is no confirmation about his participation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!