Chandrababu Naidu arrives in Telangana for foot march
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party president N Chandrababu Naidu entered Telangana on Monday evening as part of his ongoing "Vastunna Meekosam" foot march.
Winding up the Rayalaseema-leg of his 117-day foot march on the 21st day, Chandrababu arrived in Rajoli in Mahbubnagar district to a rousing reception by scores of TDP leaders and workers, and ignoring protests by pro-Telangana forces, went ahead with his padyatra.
The Telangana Joint Action Committee attempted to stage a protest at Rajoli demanding that Chandrababu clearly spell out his party`s stand on the state bifurcation demand.
But police took the JAC leaders into preventive custody hours before the Leader of Opposition reached the village.
TDP leaders from Telangana and scores of party workers and common people were present in full strength to prevent any disruption to Chandrababu`s programme.
The former chief minister will travel through Mahbubnagar district for the next 12 days and cover Nagar Kurnool and Mahbubnagar Lok Sabha segments.
Incidentally, Mahbubnagar is represented by TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao.
Chandrababu launched his foot march on October 2 at Hindupur in Anantapur district to study the people`s problems.
He has so far covered Anantapur and Kurnool districts in Rayalaseema region and drawn wide response from public who poured out their woes to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown