Chandrababu Naidu attacks UPA over corruption
Hyderabad: Attacking the UPA over the issue of corruption, TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu on Thursday alleged the Congress-led government has failed to take concrete action against "corruption scandals" that surfaced in recent times.
Noting that it were only the courts which took action in the 2G spectrum allocation, CWG and coal blocks allocation scam, Naidu alleged that the UPA Government had only remained a mute spectator on these matters.
He further alleged the Centre and the governments of Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh did not take effective action to check "illegal mining" in which name of former Minister Gali Janardhan Reddy cropped up.
Hitting out at the Congress Government in Andhra Pradesh, the Leader of Opposition alleged it was shielding the Ministers who are facing allegations of corruption.
Dismissing the claims of Congress leaders in AP that the party will return to power in the state, the TDP President said the Congress came to power in Karnataka due to lack of a suitable alternative.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert