Chandrababu Naidu continues fast in Delhi
New Delhi/Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party (TDP) chief N Chandrababu Naidu continued his fast at Andhra Pradesh Bhawan in New Delhi on the third day on Wednesday, despite being directed to vacate the place.
Mild tension prevailed at AP Bhawan in the morning when the officials closed the gate and did not allow in TDP leaders and activists. After a heated argument and the attempts by some activists to break the lock, the authorities opened the gate.
Resident commissioner on Tuesday directed Naidu to vacate AP Bhawan as there was no permission for the fast. The former chief minister, however, refused to leave the place.
TDP leader S Chandramohan Reddy warned that any attempt to disrupt Naidu`s fast would have serious consequences.
According to TDP leaders, Naidu`s sugar level has dropped. His wife N Bhuvaneswari and other family members on Wednesday called on him.
Asom Gana Parishad (AGP) president and former Assam chief minister Prafulla Kumar Mahanta also called on Naidu, who has undertaken the fast to highlight at national level what he call `injustice` to Telugu people.
Terming Congress decision arbitrary, Naidu said it should have taken leaders of all regions into confidence before taking a decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Donald Trump calls for immediate closure of ''corrupt'' Clinton Foundation
- Hillary Clinton e-mail scandal: FBI discovers 15,000 more e-mails
- British police intercept drones flying drugs, cell phones into London prison
- My writing will never be the same, says author Perumal Murugan
- Japan's first lady makes first visit to Pearl Harbor