Chandrababu Naidu demands all-party meet on Telangana
New Delhi: Telugu Desam chief N Chandrababu Naidu, who is on a hunger strike to protest splitting of Andhra Pradesh on Tuesday demanded that an all-party meeting be convened at the earliest to discuss creation of Telangana state.
He also demanded convening of the Joint Action Committees (JACs) of Telangana and Seemandhra regions to find an amicable solution to the vexed issue.
"This government is going to be there for six months. After that there is no chance of it coming back. How are parties of the future going to settle this problem? What is their commitment? Why can`t you call an all-party meeting at national level, discuss it with everybody? Sort it out amicably, that is what we demand," Naidu said.
The former Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister was addressing his supporters on the second day of his hunger strike in Andhra Bhavan here.
Accusing the Congress of having acted solely with the intention of securing political gains, Naidu said, "I am requesting Government of India and the Congress party, you call JAC people, discuss with them. Come out with amicable solution, we will appreciate."
He said the government should not make any false promises but clearly state what it is going to do.
Naidu said that no procedure had been followed while deciding on the Telangana issue and action had only been taken with a view to get some seats and votes.
Alleging "match fixing" between the ruling Congress and Jaganmohan Reddy, he said the YSR Congress leader had fasted in jail, which is against rules but the authorities instead of taking action gave morning and evening health bulletins.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof