Chandrababu Naidu escapes as dais collapses
Hyderabad: Former Andhra Pradesh chief minister N Chandrababu Naidu escaped with minor bruises Friday night when the dais at a public meeting collapsed.
The incident took place at Gadwal town in Mahabubnagar district, about 190 km from here, when Naidu was addressing the meeting.
The president of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) was visiting Gaswal as part of his ongoing `padyatra` or walkathon across the state to know people`s problems.
The TDP sources said the dais collapsed under the weight of several party functionaries who had joined the party chief. Naidu`s security personnel swung into action to help him in the melee.
The TDP chief and some other leaders received minor bruises. Later, Naidu said he was safe thanked to the people`s blessings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city