Chandrababu Naidu escapes as dais collapses
Hyderabad: Former Andhra Pradesh chief minister N Chandrababu Naidu escaped with minor bruises Friday night when the dais at a public meeting collapsed.
The incident took place at Gadwal town in Mahabubnagar district, about 190 km from here, when Naidu was addressing the meeting.
The president of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) was visiting Gaswal as part of his ongoing `padyatra` or walkathon across the state to know people`s problems.
The TDP sources said the dais collapsed under the weight of several party functionaries who had joined the party chief. Naidu`s security personnel swung into action to help him in the melee.
The TDP chief and some other leaders received minor bruises. Later, Naidu said he was safe thanked to the people`s blessings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured