Chandrababu Naidu holds meeting with Andhra Pradesh MPs
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Sunday asked the MPs from the state to make collective and coordinated efforts to get the promises made during bifurcation realised.
Naidu, who convened a meeting of MPs from all parties a day ahead of the Budget session of Parliament, told them that the Centre has to make some legislations and issue orders for the implementation of promises made during the bifurcation of undivided Andhra Pradesh, according to an official release.
Noting that the state is suffering on several counts due to the "faulty division", he pointed out that liabilities were distributed on the basis of population, assets alloted as per their location and power distributed on the basis of consumption.
The Centre had decided to accord special status to the state and orders giving tax concessions to industries would have to be issued, the Chief Minister said.
He explained to the MPs about 35 issues that need to be pursued with the Centre, the release said.
The MPs should try to get the revenue deficit to the tune of Rs 15,691 crore provided by the Centre, he said.
The MPs should also make efforts to secure funds for setting up capital for the residuary state and for expeditiously establishing IIT, IIM, NIT, IISER, IIIT and AIIMS as promised, he said.
The Chief Minister has told the MPs about the list of proposals made to the Centre by the state which include developing `smart cities` in the state, making highways as national highways, establishing Central University, tribal, petroleum and agriculture universities in the state, speedy implementation of Polavaram multi-purpose irrigation project.
Union Civil Aviation Minister P Ashok Gajapathi Raju told reporters after the meeting that it provided an opportunity for the MPs to formulate their ideas on state`s development.
He favoured such intensive discussion taking place at least once in a year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees