Chandrababu Naidu lands in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party (TDP) chief N
Chandrababu Naidu landed in Hyderabad Wednesday night, five days after
he was arrested at Dharmabad in Maharashtra in connection with
the controversial Babhli dam issue.
The special chartered flight hired by the Maharashtra
government brought Naidu and his party leaders from Aurangabad
and touched the airstrip at Hyderabad International airport at
Shamshabad at 10 pm.
Naidu`s wife Bhuvaneswari and son Lokesh Babu were among
scores of TDP leaders and workers who received him. TDP
supporters, who turned up in a large number at the airport,
raised slogans against the Congress and the Maharashtra
A heavy police force was posted at the airport.
The TDP chief and his supporters were arrested in
Dharmabad for violating prohibitory orders and insisting on
visiting the controversial Babhli barrage site in Nanded
district on Saturday.
TDP says the barrage on Godavari river was "illegal" and
will affect the flow of water into Andhra Pradesh.
Naidu and other leaders, against whom the Maharashtra
Government withdrew all charges before releasing them, were
driven straight to Care Hospital at Banjara Hills for medical
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India