Chandrababu Naidu lands in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party (TDP) chief N
Chandrababu Naidu landed in Hyderabad Wednesday night, five days after
he was arrested at Dharmabad in Maharashtra in connection with
the controversial Babhli dam issue.
The special chartered flight hired by the Maharashtra
government brought Naidu and his party leaders from Aurangabad
and touched the airstrip at Hyderabad International airport at
Shamshabad at 10 pm.
Naidu`s wife Bhuvaneswari and son Lokesh Babu were among
scores of TDP leaders and workers who received him. TDP
supporters, who turned up in a large number at the airport,
raised slogans against the Congress and the Maharashtra
A heavy police force was posted at the airport.
The TDP chief and his supporters were arrested in
Dharmabad for violating prohibitory orders and insisting on
visiting the controversial Babhli barrage site in Nanded
district on Saturday.
TDP says the barrage on Godavari river was "illegal" and
will affect the flow of water into Andhra Pradesh.
Naidu and other leaders, against whom the Maharashtra
Government withdrew all charges before releasing them, were
driven straight to Care Hospital at Banjara Hills for medical
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!