Chandrababu Naidu lashes out against Congress president Sonia Gandhi
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister-elect N Chandrababu Naidu attacked Congress president Sonia Gandhi late tonight over the letter she wrote to Prime Minister Narendra Modi seeking incentives and other privileges to residuary Andhra Pradesh.
"What is she trying to gain now after doing grave injustice to the state (by bifurcating it) Did she speak a word after Congress took the decision (on July 30) to divide Andhra Pradesh People have buried Congress for having split the state in such an unjust and highhanded manner," Naidu said addressing newly-elected TDP MLAs after he was unanimously elected as their leader at Sri Venkateswara University in the temple town of Tirupati.
"We wanted Congress to render equal justice to Andhra Pradesh and Telangana while the bifurcation was being carried out but the UPA government totally ignored our pleas and went ahead in a most highhanded manner. Neither Sonia Gandhi or Rahul Gandhi spoke a word about the bifurcation even as grave injustice was done to (residual) Andhra Pradesh but now she claims that they have done a lot for Andhra Pradesh," he said.
Naidu said he "was the longest serving chief minister (for nine years) and also Leader of Opposition (for 10 years) of the state but even I was left perplexed about what was happening during bifurcation. I spent sleepless nights worrying about the future of the state".
"People appreciated our stand and voted TDP to power as we could build confidence among them in a positive way. We now have a historic responsibility on our shoulders to rebuild Andhra Pradesh into a golden state," he said.
He assured the people that his government would implement all poll promises like waiver of farm loans, waiver of loans to women self-help groups, Rs 2000 a month unemployment stipend to youth and nine-hour free power supply to farmers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!