Chandrababu Naidu`s family assets down to Rs 35 crore
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party (TDP) president N Chandrababu Naidu`s family assets have come down from about Rs 40 crore last year to Rs 35.59 crore this year.
The former Andhra Pradesh chief minister`s personal assets are valued only at Rs 31.97 lakh, down from Rs 39.88 lakh last year.
Naidu`s wife Bhuvaneswari, who heads the family`s business venture Heritage Foods, owns assets worth Rs 24.57 crore. Last year, she had assets with net value of Rs 27.18 crore.
She also has loans and advances amounting to Rs 17.38 crore, up from Rs 12.38 crore last year.
Naidu`s son N Lokesh is worth Rs 6.62 crore against Rs 6.82 crore declared last year.
Lokesh`s wife Brahmani, daughter of Naidu`s brother-in-law and leading Telugu film actor Nanadamuri Balakrishna, has assets of Rs 2.09 crore in her name. Last year, she had assets worth Rs 3.22 crore.
Naidu told reporters here on Thursday that the houses and cars purchased by the family between 1982 and 1992 are in his name. He also clarified that the value of his assets was calculated as per the acquisition cost and not the market value as the latter varied from time to time.
The leader of opposition in the state assembly said he had been declaring the assets every year and suggested that all leaders make their assets public to bring transparency in public life.
Naidu, who was chief minister from 1995 to 2004, alleged that Congress party leaders were making baseless allegations that he owns assets worth Rs 2,000 crore. He challenged his rivals to prove that he owns a hotel in Singapore.
The TDP chief, who had declared his assets in September last year in the wake of Anna Hazare`s crusade against corruption, remarked that the social activist lost his credibility after floating a political party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off