Chandrababu Naidu`s family assets down to Rs 35 crore
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party (TDP) president N Chandrababu Naidu`s family assets have come down from about Rs 40 crore last year to Rs 35.59 crore this year.
The former Andhra Pradesh chief minister`s personal assets are valued only at Rs 31.97 lakh, down from Rs 39.88 lakh last year.
Naidu`s wife Bhuvaneswari, who heads the family`s business venture Heritage Foods, owns assets worth Rs 24.57 crore. Last year, she had assets with net value of Rs 27.18 crore.
She also has loans and advances amounting to Rs 17.38 crore, up from Rs 12.38 crore last year.
Naidu`s son N Lokesh is worth Rs 6.62 crore against Rs 6.82 crore declared last year.
Lokesh`s wife Brahmani, daughter of Naidu`s brother-in-law and leading Telugu film actor Nanadamuri Balakrishna, has assets of Rs 2.09 crore in her name. Last year, she had assets worth Rs 3.22 crore.
Naidu told reporters here on Thursday that the houses and cars purchased by the family between 1982 and 1992 are in his name. He also clarified that the value of his assets was calculated as per the acquisition cost and not the market value as the latter varied from time to time.
The leader of opposition in the state assembly said he had been declaring the assets every year and suggested that all leaders make their assets public to bring transparency in public life.
Naidu, who was chief minister from 1995 to 2004, alleged that Congress party leaders were making baseless allegations that he owns assets worth Rs 2,000 crore. He challenged his rivals to prove that he owns a hotel in Singapore.
The TDP chief, who had declared his assets in September last year in the wake of Anna Hazare`s crusade against corruption, remarked that the social activist lost his credibility after floating a political party.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata