Chandrababu Naidu’s son Nara Lokesh enters politics
Zee Media Bureau
Hyderabad: Nara Lokesh, the son of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) president N Chandrababu Naidu, made a grand entry into politics with the beginning of ‘Mahanadu’, a two day gathering at Gandipet on Monday.
Lokesh, who shared the dias with senior party leaders, has been given a key post and will be now heading the party’s Youth Wing.
For months, a tussle has been going on between Lokesh and NTR Junior, son of senior party leader N Balakrishna, for taking up key roles in the party. The clash even threatened to cause a rift in the TDP.
However, NTR Junior’s decision to focus on his acting career paved the way for a political career for Lokesh who saw NTR junior as a stiff competition.
Lokesh first came to spotlight when he organized Chandrababu`s `padayatra` last year.
Planning to increase his visibility in the party’s activities, Lokesh is now being trained by the senior leaders to mobilize the workers as the grassroot level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love