Chandrababu Naidu’s son Nara Lokesh enters politics
Zee Media Bureau
Hyderabad: Nara Lokesh, the son of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) president N Chandrababu Naidu, made a grand entry into politics with the beginning of ‘Mahanadu’, a two day gathering at Gandipet on Monday.
Lokesh, who shared the dias with senior party leaders, has been given a key post and will be now heading the party’s Youth Wing.
For months, a tussle has been going on between Lokesh and NTR Junior, son of senior party leader N Balakrishna, for taking up key roles in the party. The clash even threatened to cause a rift in the TDP.
However, NTR Junior’s decision to focus on his acting career paved the way for a political career for Lokesh who saw NTR junior as a stiff competition.
Lokesh first came to spotlight when he organized Chandrababu`s `padayatra` last year.
Planning to increase his visibility in the party’s activities, Lokesh is now being trained by the senior leaders to mobilize the workers as the grassroot level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed