Chandrababu Naidu’s son Nara Lokesh enters politics
Zee Media Bureau
Hyderabad: Nara Lokesh, the son of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) president N Chandrababu Naidu, made a grand entry into politics with the beginning of ‘Mahanadu’, a two day gathering at Gandipet on Monday.
Lokesh, who shared the dias with senior party leaders, has been given a key post and will be now heading the party’s Youth Wing.
For months, a tussle has been going on between Lokesh and NTR Junior, son of senior party leader N Balakrishna, for taking up key roles in the party. The clash even threatened to cause a rift in the TDP.
However, NTR Junior’s decision to focus on his acting career paved the way for a political career for Lokesh who saw NTR junior as a stiff competition.
Lokesh first came to spotlight when he organized Chandrababu`s `padayatra` last year.
Planning to increase his visibility in the party’s activities, Lokesh is now being trained by the senior leaders to mobilize the workers as the grassroot level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM