Chandrababu Naidu’s son Nara Lokesh enters politics
Zee Media Bureau
Hyderabad: Nara Lokesh, the son of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) president N Chandrababu Naidu, made a grand entry into politics with the beginning of ‘Mahanadu’, a two day gathering at Gandipet on Monday.
Lokesh, who shared the dias with senior party leaders, has been given a key post and will be now heading the party’s Youth Wing.
For months, a tussle has been going on between Lokesh and NTR Junior, son of senior party leader N Balakrishna, for taking up key roles in the party. The clash even threatened to cause a rift in the TDP.
However, NTR Junior’s decision to focus on his acting career paved the way for a political career for Lokesh who saw NTR junior as a stiff competition.
Lokesh first came to spotlight when he organized Chandrababu`s `padayatra` last year.
Planning to increase his visibility in the party’s activities, Lokesh is now being trained by the senior leaders to mobilize the workers as the grassroot level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- World number two Jordan Spieth still uncertain if he will play in Rio Olympics
- JD(U) questions Amit Shah's credentials for criticizing Jawaharlal Nehru over Kashmir's issues
- Ruias plan to sell another 25% stake in Essar Oil
- Microsoft CEO Nadella's debut book to come out in 2017
- Urvashi Rautela gives 'Resham Ka Rumaal' a sexy twist in 'Great Grand Masti' – Watch here