Chandrababu resumes padayatra after leg injury
Guntur: TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu, who suffered a minor injury in his leg after a fall in Guntur district, resumed his `padayatra` on Friday today.
Naidu, who could not undertake the foot march yesterday due to injury in his leg, began his yatra from Kolakaluru in the district.
He announced several measures for the welfare of tribals during his padayatra today. They include housing, employment and other promises aimed at the uplift of the tribals.
He had to take a break from ongoing state-wide `padayatra` yesterday as he sustained an injury after the wooden steps of a dais, he was standing on, collapsed.
Naidu was standing on the steps and taking representations from people after addressing a gathering in Kolakaluru when they suddenly came down. However, his alert security personnel held him before he fell.
A team of doctors from Hyderabad examined Naidu last night and gave medical advice.
The 63-year-old former AP Chief Minister has already been suffering from problems in his legs due to prolonged walking.
The TDP chief, who began his march on October 2 last year from the Anantapur district, recently completed 2,000 kms in Guntur district. He has so far covered 13 of the 23 districts in the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata