Chandrababu resumes padayatra after leg injury
Guntur: TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu, who suffered a minor injury in his leg after a fall in Guntur district, resumed his `padayatra` Friday.
Naidu, who could not undertake the foot march yesterday due to injury in his leg, began his yatra from Kolakaluru in the district.
He announced several measures for the welfare of tribals during his padayatra today. They include housing, employment and other promises aimed at the uplift of the tribals.
He had to take a break from ongoing state-wide `padayatra` yesterday as he sustained an injury after the wooden steps of a dais, he was standing on, collapsed.
Naidu was standing on the steps and taking representations from people after addressing a gathering in Kolakaluru when they suddenly came down. However, his alert security personnel held him before he fell.
A team of doctors from Hyderabad examined Naidu last night and gave medical advice.
The 63-year-old former AP Chief Minister has already been suffering from problems in his legs due to prolonged walking.
The TDP chief, who began his march on October 2 last year from the Anantapur district, recently completed 2,000 kms in Guntur district. He has so far covered 13 of the 23 districts in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?