Chandrababu resumes padayatra after leg injury
Guntur: TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu, who suffered a minor injury in his leg after a fall in Guntur district, resumed his `padayatra` Friday.
Naidu, who could not undertake the foot march yesterday due to injury in his leg, began his yatra from Kolakaluru in the district.
He announced several measures for the welfare of tribals during his padayatra today. They include housing, employment and other promises aimed at the uplift of the tribals.
He had to take a break from ongoing state-wide `padayatra` yesterday as he sustained an injury after the wooden steps of a dais, he was standing on, collapsed.
Naidu was standing on the steps and taking representations from people after addressing a gathering in Kolakaluru when they suddenly came down. However, his alert security personnel held him before he fell.
A team of doctors from Hyderabad examined Naidu last night and gave medical advice.
The 63-year-old former AP Chief Minister has already been suffering from problems in his legs due to prolonged walking.
The TDP chief, who began his march on October 2 last year from the Anantapur district, recently completed 2,000 kms in Guntur district. He has so far covered 13 of the 23 districts in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Check uaresults.nic.in for Uttarakhand Board Class 12 result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes