Chandrababu resumes padayatra after leg injury
Guntur: TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu, who suffered a minor injury in his leg after a fall in Guntur district, resumed his `padayatra` Friday.
Naidu, who could not undertake the foot march yesterday due to injury in his leg, began his yatra from Kolakaluru in the district.
He announced several measures for the welfare of tribals during his padayatra today. They include housing, employment and other promises aimed at the uplift of the tribals.
He had to take a break from ongoing state-wide `padayatra` yesterday as he sustained an injury after the wooden steps of a dais, he was standing on, collapsed.
Naidu was standing on the steps and taking representations from people after addressing a gathering in Kolakaluru when they suddenly came down. However, his alert security personnel held him before he fell.
A team of doctors from Hyderabad examined Naidu last night and gave medical advice.
The 63-year-old former AP Chief Minister has already been suffering from problems in his legs due to prolonged walking.
The TDP chief, who began his march on October 2 last year from the Anantapur district, recently completed 2,000 kms in Guntur district. He has so far covered 13 of the 23 districts in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back