Chandrababu takes day off from footmarch after back injury
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party president N Chandrababu Naidu is hale and hearty, his son Nara Lokesh has said.
"My father is in good health. There is no cause for concern. His foot march will continue," Lokesh announced at Gadwal this evening.
Full details about his father`s condition would be revealed after the doctors` report was received, Lokesh added.
The TDP chief Chandrababu took a day`s break from his ongoing "Vastunna Meekosam" foot march in Mahbubnagar district today following the minor injury he sustained to his back late last night.
Telugu movie star NTR Junior, Chandrababu`s nephew and upcoming film hero Nara Rohit and a host of others called on the TDP supremo at Gadwal today.
Officials from the Mahbubnagar district administration also called on the Leader of Opposition to enquire about his health.
A team of specialist doctors that took an X-ray of his back after midnight yesterday and early this morning at Gadwal, where Chandrababu was camping, established that there was no fracture, but only a sprain.
"He was suffering from cramps following the fall he had late last night. There was also a muscle sprain," TDP sources said.
Though a determined Chandrababu wanted to continue with his foot march even today, he agreed to take a day`s break for rest on the advise of doctors as well as pressure from party leaders.
The former Chief Minister suffered a minor injury to his back in a freak mishap when the dais, from where he addressed a public meeting at Gadwal in Mahbubnagar district, collapsed suddenly late last night.
Soon after the incident, Chandrababu walked for about a kilometer, but later gave up following severe pain in the back. A team of doctors from Hyderabad rushed to Gadwal to conduct tests on the Leader of Opposition. An X-ray was taken after midnight to determine whether there was any fracture.
This morning a digital X-ray was also taken and it was concluded that there was no fracture, TDP MLA Errabilli Dayakar Rao said. Chandrababu`s wife Bhuvaneswari and son Lokesh were in Gadwal to attend on him.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!