Chandrababu takes day off from footmarch after back injury
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party president N Chandrababu Naidu is hale and hearty, his son Nara Lokesh has said.
"My father is in good health. There is no cause for concern. His foot march will continue," Lokesh announced at Gadwal this evening.
Full details about his father`s condition would be revealed after the doctors` report was received, Lokesh added.
The TDP chief Chandrababu took a day`s break from his ongoing "Vastunna Meekosam" foot march in Mahbubnagar district today following the minor injury he sustained to his back late last night.
Telugu movie star NTR Junior, Chandrababu`s nephew and upcoming film hero Nara Rohit and a host of others called on the TDP supremo at Gadwal today.
Officials from the Mahbubnagar district administration also called on the Leader of Opposition to enquire about his health.
A team of specialist doctors that took an X-ray of his back after midnight yesterday and early this morning at Gadwal, where Chandrababu was camping, established that there was no fracture, but only a sprain.
"He was suffering from cramps following the fall he had late last night. There was also a muscle sprain," TDP sources said.
Though a determined Chandrababu wanted to continue with his foot march even today, he agreed to take a day`s break for rest on the advise of doctors as well as pressure from party leaders.
The former Chief Minister suffered a minor injury to his back in a freak mishap when the dais, from where he addressed a public meeting at Gadwal in Mahbubnagar district, collapsed suddenly late last night.
Soon after the incident, Chandrababu walked for about a kilometer, but later gave up following severe pain in the back. A team of doctors from Hyderabad rushed to Gadwal to conduct tests on the Leader of Opposition. An X-ray was taken after midnight to determine whether there was any fracture.
This morning a digital X-ray was also taken and it was concluded that there was no fracture, TDP MLA Errabilli Dayakar Rao said. Chandrababu`s wife Bhuvaneswari and son Lokesh were in Gadwal to attend on him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez