Chandrababu trashes Kiran Reddy`s move to float new party
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party president N Chandrababu Naidu on Monday took potshots at Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy over the latter`s reported move to float a new political party in Andhra Pradesh.
"What did he do for the people to launch a party? What are his achievements?" Chandrababu questioned, referring to reports that Kiran was set to launch his own party soon.
"When people came on to the streets opposing the bifurcation of the state, Kiran sat at home clearing (controversial) files and making money," he alleged.
"What will he do now by floating a party?" he wondered.
Addressing TDP leaders from coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema regions at the party headquarters this afternoon, the former Chief Minister said the Telangana Rashtra Samiti would merge with the Congress ahead of the ensuing elections while the YSR Congress would follow suit after the polls.
"YSRC`s graph is going down by the day. (TRS president) K Chandrasekhar Rao did nothing except (money) `collection`. The Congress is totally out across the country," Chandrababu remarked.
He said Congress was solely responsible for all the ills plaguing the state and the country.
"The TDP is now in a position where it can win in both states (Andhra Pradesh and Telangana). And ours is the only party that can ensure all-round development in the two states," he asserted.
The TDP chief held a similar meeting with Telangana leaders on Saturday.
With the state set for division soon, the TDP is drawing a strategy to re-establish itself firmly in both the states by focusing on a development agenda.
Reddy had resigned from his post on February 19 in protest against the division of Andhra Pradesh and the way the AP Reorganisation Bill was pushed through in Parliament.
Governor ESL Narasimhan has asked him and his council of ministers to continue in their posts till alternative arrangements are made.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"