Charge sheet against 2 in Hyderabad blast case
New Delhi: Central probe agency, NIA, on Friday filed a charge sheet against two persons including a Pakistani national for allegedly carrying out a blast outside a cinema
hall in Hyderabad in 2006 besides planning to carry out strikes on other vital installation in Andhra Pradesh.
National Investigation Agency (NIA) filed a charge sheet against Mohd Zia-ul-Haque, claimed to be an operative of Lashkar-e-Toiba, and Pakistani national Abdul Aziz alias Abu Rehan alias Wali in a metropolitan sessions court at Nampally in Hyderabad.
While Haque is at present in judicial custody, Aziz is absconding.
Involvement of 13 other Lashker operatives including Muzamil and Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi, masterminds of 26/11 Mumbai terror strikes, has also come up during investigations but more probe is required to collect evidence against them.
During investigation, NIA claimed that Haque allegedly entered into a criminal conspiracy with Aziz and other LeT operatives to wage war against the country and indulge in terrorist acts using arms, ammunition and explosives.
NIA alleged that Haque, who had been working in Saudi Arabia since 1996, was influenced by Aziz and others to wage jihad against India and had gone to Karachi (Pakistan) in early 2002 and then to Muzzafarabad (PoK) where he joined the Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT), NIA said in a release here.
He received 45 days` training along with other trainees at the Baitul Mujahideen (LeT training centre in Muzaffarabad) in the use of arms, ammunition and explosives and
communicating through e-mails, the release said.
After completion of training, Haque was infiltrated into India through Poonch in Jammu and Kashmir along with other LeT cadres and in furtherance of the conspiracy and as
instructed by Aziz, in December 2005, the accused visited Delhi to collect a consignment of arms, ammunition and explosives.
The NIA annexed hotel records for the period confirm his visit. A portion of this consignment was used by him in the grenade attack at Odeon Deluxe Theatre, Hyderabad, on May seven, 2006 in which two persons were injured.
Haque is alleged to have carried out reconnaissance of a number of possible targets in Hyderabad on the instructions of Aziz and was on the look-out for carrying out another attack at some crowded public place.
However, before he could execute his plan, he was arrested by police on May three this year near Anmol Hotel, Hyderabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress