Chinese Navy officers visit Eastern Naval Command headquarters in Vishakhapatnam
New Delhi: Senior Chinese Navy officers on Thursday visited the Eastern Naval Command headquarters in Vishakhapatnam and discussed ways of improving ties between the two forces.
"Rear Admiral Han Xiaohu, Commander PLAN Training Ship Task Group and Rear Admiral Li Jianjun, Assistant Chief of Staff and Political Commissar of PLA Dalian Naval Academy visited the Headquarters, Eastern Naval Command, today," a Navy release said.
The officers called on Eastern Naval Commander Vice Admiral Anil Chopra and held discussions on issues of mutual interest.
They were accompanied by the Chinese Ambassador to India, Wei Wei and Defence Attache of China to India Maj Gen Cai Ping.
The two Chinese officers are deployed onboard the PLA Navy ships Zhenghe and Weifang that are on a four-day visit to Visakhapatnam.
The Chinese Navy personnel visited ships of the Eastern Fleet and the Kursura submarine museum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Vishal Dadlani apologises, quits politics after controversial Jain monk tweet
- Toni Kroos rocket rescues Real Madrid in Cristiano Ronaldo's absence; Atletico Madrid held again
- Suspected Kurdish militants fire rockets at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport: Media
- Gun battle kills five militants, wounds 10 in Afghanistan
- Government to set up Rs 1.5k crore payment security fund for solar projects