Chiranjeevi "cheated" over Telangana: Complaint in court
Hyderabad: Two members of Telangana Advocates
Joint Action Committee today approached a local court, seeking
registration of criminal case against Praja Rajyam Party chief
K Chiranjeevi and 12 others for "cheating" Telangana people by
allegedly making a "u-turn" on the separate statehood issue.
The petitioners Akula Srinivas (a former PRP leader) and B
Narasimha Reddy, said in the complaint filed in magistrate`s
court that PRP leaders had extended support to Telangana
statehood in 2009 Assembly elections campaign.
PRP had also assured support during the all-party meeting
convened by the Chief Minister, said their lawyer Syed
"However, Chiranjeevi and other PRP leaders later made a
u-turn after Centre`s December 9 statement over Telangana and
instead supported United Andhra Pradesh. Due to their acts and
statements youths from Telangana region committed suicides...
besides the people were cheated," he alleged.
The complainants have sought registration of a case under
sections 417 (cheating) and 306 (abetment to commit suicide)
of the IPC.
Court has posted the matter for hearing on May 5.
Last week, another petition filed in the local court had
alleged that TDP president N Chandrababu Naidu and 11 others
cheated people by making a volte-face on Telangana issue.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India