Chiranjeevi "cheated" over Telangana: Complaint in court
Hyderabad: Two members of Telangana Advocates
Joint Action Committee today approached a local court, seeking
registration of criminal case against Praja Rajyam Party chief
K Chiranjeevi and 12 others for "cheating" Telangana people by
allegedly making a "u-turn" on the separate statehood issue.
The petitioners Akula Srinivas (a former PRP leader) and B
Narasimha Reddy, said in the complaint filed in magistrate`s
court that PRP leaders had extended support to Telangana
statehood in 2009 Assembly elections campaign.
PRP had also assured support during the all-party meeting
convened by the Chief Minister, said their lawyer Syed
"However, Chiranjeevi and other PRP leaders later made a
u-turn after Centre`s December 9 statement over Telangana and
instead supported United Andhra Pradesh. Due to their acts and
statements youths from Telangana region committed suicides...
besides the people were cheated," he alleged.
The complainants have sought registration of a case under
sections 417 (cheating) and 306 (abetment to commit suicide)
of the IPC.
Court has posted the matter for hearing on May 5.
Last week, another petition filed in the local court had
alleged that TDP president N Chandrababu Naidu and 11 others
cheated people by making a volte-face on Telangana issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!