Chiranjeevi "cheated" over Telangana: Complaint in court
Hyderabad: Two members of Telangana Advocates
Joint Action Committee today approached a local court, seeking
registration of criminal case against Praja Rajyam Party chief
K Chiranjeevi and 12 others for "cheating" Telangana people by
allegedly making a "u-turn" on the separate statehood issue.
The petitioners Akula Srinivas (a former PRP leader) and B
Narasimha Reddy, said in the complaint filed in magistrate`s
court that PRP leaders had extended support to Telangana
statehood in 2009 Assembly elections campaign.
PRP had also assured support during the all-party meeting
convened by the Chief Minister, said their lawyer Syed
"However, Chiranjeevi and other PRP leaders later made a
u-turn after Centre`s December 9 statement over Telangana and
instead supported United Andhra Pradesh. Due to their acts and
statements youths from Telangana region committed suicides...
besides the people were cheated," he alleged.
The complainants have sought registration of a case under
sections 417 (cheating) and 306 (abetment to commit suicide)
of the IPC.
Court has posted the matter for hearing on May 5.
Last week, another petition filed in the local court had
alleged that TDP president N Chandrababu Naidu and 11 others
cheated people by making a volte-face on Telangana issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling