Chiranjeevi extends support to Hazare
Hyderabad: Tirupati MLA K Chiranjeevi and
pro-Telangana leader M Kodandaram on Monday extended their support
to anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare`s fight against corruption.
"Whoever fights against corruption should be commended,"
said Chiranjeevi, who is set to join the Congress on August
Though it might practically not be possible to bring the
Prime Minister and judiciary under the ambit of Lokpal, there
is need for a wider discussion on the issue, he said, after
unfurling the tri-colour at his blood bank today.
Kodandaram, who is heading the group of several
pro-Telangana outfits, equated Hazare`s fight against
corruption with the statehood struggle and extended all
support to the social activist.
Meanwhile, the TDP, which has already pledged its support
to Hazare, demanded that the Centre accord permission to the
Gandhian to launch his indefinite hunger-strike in New Delhi
The TDP`s politburo that met at the residence of party
president N Chandrababu Naidu here this evening strongly
deplored the curbs being placed on the proposed fast by the
Hazare and demanded that te anti-graft crusader be allowed to
undertake his protest.
"It is totally undemocratic to block Hazare`s fast. It is
ridiculous for the Congress and the Centre to term the
Gandhian`s protests as undemocratic," Naidu said after the
He also lashed out at the Centre for failing to take
effective steps to curb corruption.
The Loksatta Party too has expressed support to Hazare`s
fight against corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued