Chiranjeevi extends support to Hazare
Hyderabad: Tirupati MLA K Chiranjeevi and
pro-Telangana leader M Kodandaram on Monday extended their support
to anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare`s fight against corruption.
"Whoever fights against corruption should be commended,"
said Chiranjeevi, who is set to join the Congress on August
Though it might practically not be possible to bring the
Prime Minister and judiciary under the ambit of Lokpal, there
is need for a wider discussion on the issue, he said, after
unfurling the tri-colour at his blood bank today.
Kodandaram, who is heading the group of several
pro-Telangana outfits, equated Hazare`s fight against
corruption with the statehood struggle and extended all
support to the social activist.
Meanwhile, the TDP, which has already pledged its support
to Hazare, demanded that the Centre accord permission to the
Gandhian to launch his indefinite hunger-strike in New Delhi
The TDP`s politburo that met at the residence of party
president N Chandrababu Naidu here this evening strongly
deplored the curbs being placed on the proposed fast by the
Hazare and demanded that te anti-graft crusader be allowed to
undertake his protest.
"It is totally undemocratic to block Hazare`s fast. It is
ridiculous for the Congress and the Centre to term the
Gandhian`s protests as undemocratic," Naidu said after the
He also lashed out at the Centre for failing to take
effective steps to curb corruption.
The Loksatta Party too has expressed support to Hazare`s
fight against corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof