Chiranjeevi gheraoed by anti-bifurcation protesters
Hyderabad: Union Minister of State for Tourism K Chiranjeevi today faced the ire of united Andhra Pradesh supporters who gheraoed him here and demanded that he resign from his post.
The actor-turned-politician assured them that if the bifurcation became a certainty he would not hesitate to quit.
The pro-united AP activists, under the banner of Visalandhra Maha Sabha, staged a protest outside the Ministers` Quarters here, where the Union Ministers and Congress MPs from Andhra-Rayalaseema regions today met to discuss the future course of action.
Chiranjeevi, who arrived late at the venue, had to face angry protesters who blocked his car and demanded his resignation.
He got down from the car and tried to pacify the protesters saying that he and other Union Ministers and MPs were sparing no effort to keep the state united.
"If the division becomes inevitable, I will not hesitate to quit," he added. As police tried to quell the protesters, Chiranjeevi received a memorandum from them and drove into the Ministers` Quarters for the meeting.
Earlier, the Visalandhra Maha Sabha activists tried to lay siege to his house at Jubilee Hills but police prevented them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video