Chiranjeevi gheraoed by anti-bifurcation protesters
Hyderabad: Union Minister of State for Tourism K Chiranjeevi today faced the ire of united Andhra Pradesh supporters who gheraoed him here and demanded that he resign from his post.
The actor-turned-politician assured them that if the bifurcation became a certainty he would not hesitate to quit.
The pro-united AP activists, under the banner of Visalandhra Maha Sabha, staged a protest outside the Ministers` Quarters here, where the Union Ministers and Congress MPs from Andhra-Rayalaseema regions today met to discuss the future course of action.
Chiranjeevi, who arrived late at the venue, had to face angry protesters who blocked his car and demanded his resignation.
He got down from the car and tried to pacify the protesters saying that he and other Union Ministers and MPs were sparing no effort to keep the state united.
"If the division becomes inevitable, I will not hesitate to quit," he added. As police tried to quell the protesters, Chiranjeevi received a memorandum from them and drove into the Ministers` Quarters for the meeting.
Earlier, the Visalandhra Maha Sabha activists tried to lay siege to his house at Jubilee Hills but police prevented them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details