Chiranjeevi meets Sonia
New Delhi: Amid growing problems for the
party in Andhra Pradesh, film star-turned-politician
Chiranjeevi met Congress Chief Sonia Gandhi on Wednesday.
"No specific discussion took place. It was more of a
courtesy call," said Chiranjeevi after the 30-minute meeting,
the first after his Praja Rajyam Party`s merger with Congress
in August this year.
He said the meeting was long overdue as he "wanted to
He said Sonia was "happy" over his decision to join the
Congress as she felt that the merger re-energised the cadres
in party-ruled state.
Asked whether he discussed the simmering issue of separate
Telangana with Gandhi, he said a few weeks back he had met
Congress Core committee and he had given his opinion on the
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani