Chiranjeevi resigns from AP House membership
Hyderabad: Actor-turned-politician K Chiranjeevi Thursday resigned from the membership of Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly following his election to Rajya Sabha.
Chiranjeevi, who was elected to the Assembly from
temple-town Tirupati in 2009, met Assembly Speaker Nadendla
Manohar and handed over his resignation.
Chiranjeevi will take oath as Rajya Sabha member on April
3. With Chiranjeevi`s resignation, the number of vacancies in
the 294-member AP Assembly increases to 18.
It may be recalled that the Speaker early this month disqualified 16 ruling Congress MLAs and accepted the
resignation of one rebel Praja Rajyam Party MLA for violating their respective parties and voting against the government on the no-confidence motion.
- IPL 2016: Unsold at auction, Hashim Amla signed by Kings XI Punjab as replacement for injured Shaun Marsh
- NEET 2016: 2nd phase to be held on July 24; Centre and CBSE should start preparations, says Supreme Court
- 12 Jaish-e-Mohammed terrorists detained as Delhi Police foils major terror plot, seizes explosives
- Spectacular view of the Bahamas from space – See pic!
- Kerala law student rape and murder: Oommen Chandy to meet family, promises help