Chiranjeevi resigns from AP House membership
Hyderabad: Actor-turned-politician K Chiranjeevi Thursday resigned from the membership of Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly following his election to Rajya Sabha.
Chiranjeevi, who was elected to the Assembly from
temple-town Tirupati in 2009, met Assembly Speaker Nadendla
Manohar and handed over his resignation.
Chiranjeevi will take oath as Rajya Sabha member on April
3. With Chiranjeevi`s resignation, the number of vacancies in
the 294-member AP Assembly increases to 18.
It may be recalled that the Speaker early this month disqualified 16 ruling Congress MLAs and accepted the
resignation of one rebel Praja Rajyam Party MLA for violating their respective parties and voting against the government on the no-confidence motion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’