Chiranjeevi resigns from AP House membership
Hyderabad: Actor-turned-politician K Chiranjeevi Thursday resigned from the membership of Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly following his election to Rajya Sabha.
Chiranjeevi, who was elected to the Assembly from
temple-town Tirupati in 2009, met Assembly Speaker Nadendla
Manohar and handed over his resignation.
Chiranjeevi will take oath as Rajya Sabha member on April
3. With Chiranjeevi`s resignation, the number of vacancies in
the 294-member AP Assembly increases to 18.
It may be recalled that the Speaker early this month disqualified 16 ruling Congress MLAs and accepted the
resignation of one rebel Praja Rajyam Party MLA for violating their respective parties and voting against the government on the no-confidence motion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!