Chiranjeevi to fix PRP merger date with Congress leaders
Hyderabad: Almost three months after the
announcement about the merger of Praja Rajyam Party into
Congress, PRP president K Chiranjeevi will hold talks with top
Congress leaders in Delhi on Tuesday night to finalise the merger date.
Responding to the invitation by the Congress President
Sonia Gandhi, Chiranjeevi will go to Delhi to hold talks with
top Congress leaders including Gandhi and AICC general
secretary and in-charge of AP affairs Ghulam Nabi Azad to fix
the date for the formal merger, PRP sources said.
Apart from the merger issue, the Congress high command
is also likely to discuss the induction of PRP members into
the Andhra Pradesh cabinet. Four slots in the State Council of
Ministers are vacant, apart from the one that came with the
resignation of Agriculture Minister YS Vivekananda Reddy
ahead of Pulivendula assembly bypolls.
Sources say that at least three PRP MLAs will be
offered cabinet posts in the expansion that could take place
later this month.
Chiranjeevi holds a lot of significance for the ruling
Congress in the changing political scenario in the state as
the support of his 17 MLAs holds the key for the survival of
the Kiran Kumar Reddy government in any eventuality.
Chiranjeevi had announced his decision to merge the
PRP with the Congress in February, after a meeting with Sonia
Gandhi. However, technical issues and the subsequent elections
in five state assemblies led to a delay in the formal merger.
Chiranjeevi has already invited Sonia as well as Rahul
Gandhi to attend the function that is likely to be held near
Vijayawada towards the end of this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof