Chiranjeevi to formally join Cong on Aug 7
Hyderabad: AICC President Sonia Gandhi has
invited Praja Rajyam Party President and Tirupati MLA K
Chiranjeevi to New Delhi to meet her anytime between August 7
and 10 to formally take primary membership of the Congress
The PRP has already technically merged with the
Congress party in Andhra Pradesh but a public meeting could
not be organised as planned to formalise the amalgamation.
The current political uncertainty in the state over the
bifurcation issue has jeopardised Chiranjeevi`s plans to
organise a grand meeting with Sonia or Rahul Gandhi to
formalise the merger of his outfit with the ruling party.
In the given circumstances, the Congress high command
suggested that Chiranjeevi complete the formalities without
any pomp and accordingly he agreed to take membership of the
ruling party in the presence of Sonia Gandhi.
Accordingly, Sonia Gandhi is said to have called
Chiranjeevi over phone today and invited him to New Delhi, PRP
The actor-turned-politician is expected to visit the
National capital on August 7 and formally join Congress, the
Subsequently other leaders of PRP, including the MLAs,
will complete the formalities in the AP Congress headquarters
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster