Chiranjeevi to join Cong govt in Andhra?
Hyderabad: A late night telephone call from Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy to Praja Rajyam Party president K Chiranjeevi has led to wide-spread speculation that his party legislators might be inducted into the Congress
ministry to checkmate to rebel MP Y S Jaganmohan Reddy.
The call from Chief Minister, who is currently camping
in New Delhi, to the PRP president assumes significance with
clear signals that the high command was in no mood to be
accommodative towards Jagan and his loyalist MLAs in the
constitution of the state Cabinet.
Kiran Kumar reportedly discussed about the Cabinet
formation during the telephonic conversation with Chiranjeevi.
Though PRP sources here were tightlipped about the
discussion the Chief Minister had with their president,
Chiranjeevi immediately took up the issue with his senior
Chiranjeevi is expected to meet Kiran here tomorrow
afternoon to carry their discussion forward.
Late last night, the Chief Minister asserted in New
Delhi that "only Congress" legislators would be part of his
Council of Ministers, brushing aside speculation that the PRP
would also be offered Cabinet berths.
Even after finalizing his Cabinet list, after hectic
parleys with Congress leaders, including Sonia Gandhi,
tonight, Kiran did not reveal anything about the possible
inclusion of PRP in the Cabinet.
Earlier in the day here, even Chiranjeevi pleaded
ignorance about any move by his party to join the Congress
Kiran, however, called Chiranjeevi and reportedly told
him that he will discuss other things upon returning to
This fuelled fresh talk about the PRP being taken into
the Cabinet in the first round itself, rather than in the
If this happens, Jagan will lose no time to make his
exit from the Congress, political observers here feel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends