Chiranjeevi unhappy with AP cabinet expansion?
Hyderabad: Praja Rajyam Party president K Chiranjeevi is not entirely happy though two of his associates got inducted into the Andhra Pradesh cabinet on Thursday.
"My happiness would have been doubled had one of our MLAs from Telangana region too been inducted," Chiranjeevi told reporters at his `camp office` an hour after two legislators from his party now merged with the ruling Congress were sworn-in.
Chiranjeevi, however, hastened to add that there was no
question of he being not satisfied. "We wanted a legislator
from each region (Andhra, Rayalaseema and Telangana)
accommodated in the ministry. It would have been just... but
Congress seems to have its own problems," the Tirupati MLA
He hoped that justice would be done in near future as
re-organisation of cabinet was expected after the
by-elections in the state.
Asked if he felt let down for not having been given any
significant post, Chiranjeevi said: "As a leader, I don`t
think about such things. I am immensely happy that my men got
the posts they deserved. Personally I am not longing for any
He maintained that the merger with Congress was
unconditional. "Our endeavour would be to strengthen the
Congress from the lower level."
State Governor ESL Narasimhan administered the oath of
office and secrecy to Ganta Srinivasa Rao, a member of the
Legislative Assembly, and C Ramachandraiah, a member of the
Legislative Council, at a brief function in the Raj Bhavan
When asked if the beleaguered Congress would be able to
turn the tide in Andhra Pradesh, Chiranjeevi said
two-and-a-half years down the line, the party would
strengthen. "The situation is not as alarming as being
projected. The Chief Minister should be given time to settle
down. He has introduced a slew of schemes that will take time
to reach the people, though they are well-received," he said.
On the threat posed by YSR Congress president YS
Jaganmohan Reddy, Chiranjeevi noted that it would be enough if
the welfare schemes introduced by the government were
publicized well. "Counter-attack against Jagan can happen at
appropriate time, but, more than that, we need to publicize
the government schemes vigorously."
The PRP chief recalled his promise that he would save
the state government if it faced destabilisation. "We could
keep our promise and save the government," he said.
PRP office at Jubilee Hills, virtually abandoned since
the merger with the Congress, came to life today after the
party became part of the new coalition government in the
Hundreds of party workers and Chiranjeevi`s admirers
thronged the office to greet the newly sworn-in ministers as
well as the party supremo.
"Future CM Chiranjeevi," they shouted. To which, the
actor-turned-politician quipped: "For the past 30 years, I
have been hearing this. But I don`t have any such fancy."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery