Chiranjeevi unhappy with Congress
Hyderabad: For the first time after his Praja Rajyam Party`s (PRP) formal merger with the Congress in August, actor-turned-politician K. Chiranjeevi on Saturday openly expressed unhappiness over the ruling party`s attitude towards his legislators.
Talking to reporters in the assembly premises after his party legislators met him, Chiranjeevi said it was because of his party that the Congress government was surviving in the state.
He alleged that the Congress was making PRP legislators wait endlessly. He was referring to the Congress failing to fulfil its promise of accommodating them in the state cabinet and other posts.
Chiranjeevi and other PRP legislators openly expressed their unhappiness with the Congress when it is facing opposition Telugu Desam Party`s (TDP) no-confidence motion in the Andhra Pradesh assembly during the ongoing winter session.
The PRP has 18 members in the 295-member assembly and its support is crucial to the government in order to defeat the no-confidence motion.
The Congress has 153 members but 20 of them have switched loyalties to YSR Congress Party leader Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy.
Chiranjeevi, who is also a member of the assembly, had floated the PRP in 2008. He decided to merge his party with the Congress in February this year.
In August, the merger was completed with PRP leaders formally taking the Congress membership.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje